The 185 page practical guide gives the reader a general understanding of the following subjects:
- How to find a horse to suit you.
- Why things might go wrong?
- Setting up and looking after a paddock.
- Equipment: helmets, boots, halters, lines, sticks and whips; saddles and saddle pads; bits, bridles and bitless; and covers.
- Health care, including some emergency scenarios like dealing with colic
- Hoof care: barefoot, hoof boots, and shoeing.
- Horsemanship basics
- Confidence building
- Riding out and about
- Horse floats